Paul E. Quade
Mr. Quade was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. He is a third-generation Nevadan and has three children born here also.
Mr. Quade left Reno at 17 to “see the world.” He wound up in Washington D.C. and worked for Wilmer, Cutler and Pickering, an internationally recognized law firm. Mr. Quade spent three-and-one-half years of his youth working as a messenger and chauffeur. It was an incredible experience for this small-town boy and led to his desire to be an attorney bent on helping the “little guy.” At the same time he attended school at the University of Maryland, College Park, where he obtained his degree with double majors, in Government and Sociology. Mr. Quade graduated cum laude, with Honors in Sociology.
After almost seven years in the Washington D.C., area Mr. Quade returned to the West Coast to attend law school at the University of California, Davis. During that time he worked for the Honorable Edward C. Reed, Jr. in the U.S. District Court, District of Nevada. Paul also interned for the Washoe County Public Defender during that time. While an intern with the Public Defender, he won his first trial in 1993 (before even being admitted as an attorney) in front of the Honorable Paul S. Hickman.
After passing the Nevada Bar in 1994 and until 1996, Mr. Quade worked for Scott Freeman, another prominent criminal defense attorney in Washoe County. On January 8, 1996, Mr. Quade opened his own law practice and has not looked back since.
Paul E. Quade, Esq. is recognized as one of the pre-eminent criminal defense attorneys in the Northern Nevada area. He has fifteen years of experience and expertise to bring to your case. He has taken his extensive trial experience to the personal injury realm and has demonstrated a keen ability to be successful there also. Mr. Quade spends most of his free time riding motorcycles throughout the West. He enjoys exploring and rides a KTM “dual-sport” as well as a dirt bike. He also enjoys camping with his family, hiking, shooting and fishing.
Areas of practice
- Criminal law
- Personal injury
Admitted to practice
- Nevada, 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- California and U.S. District Court, Easter District of California, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2006
- University of California, J.D., 1994
- University of Maryland, B.A., with honors, cum laude, 1990
- Washoe County Bar Association
- Nevada Justice Association
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Born in Reno, Nevada
- Golden Key Honors Society
- Nevada Supreme Court Rule 250 Qualified (Capital Murder)
- Member: Environmental Law Society, 1991 – 1994